Tove's Offshore Wildlife book

Birders:
    I was sent a pamphlet of Univ. of Texas' natural history books. Lo
and behold, it contains info on Mike Tove's "Guide to the Offshore
Wildlife of the Northern Atlantic", which is expected to be available in
January 2001. The book is a "comprehensive guide to all the birds,
whales, dolphins, seals, and sea turtles of the Northern Atlantic."
    "272 pp, 39 color illus, 12 figures, 18 charts, 1 table". Price is
$24.95 for paperback. For more information, see the website at:
<http://www.utexas.edu/utpress>

I have seen many of Mike's paintings (plates) for the book, and they are
quite impressive. This will be the first book that will contain the full
array of birds, mammals, and turtles one would expect to see on a
pelagic trip off NC, FL, NJ, MA, England, etc.
--
Harry LeGrand
NC Natural Heritage Program