Samworth WMA on 8-2

Hi Carolinabirders,
	On Wednesday, Aug.2 I birded at Samworth Wildlife Management Area in
Georgetown Co. Twenty-six species were identified.

Turkey Vulture-2
N. Bobwhite-2 heard only
Mourning Dove-16
Yellow-billed Cuckoo-3 heard only
Red-headed Woodpecker-1
Red-bellied Woodpecker-2
Hairy Woodpecker-1 heard only
E. Wood-Pewee-4 heard only
Empinonax Sp.-1 back view-given the date most probably an Acadian.  They
breed in the area
Great Crested Flycatcher-1 heard only
E. Kingbird-1
Purple Martin-1
Blue Jay-3
American Crow-1 heard only
Carolina Chickadee-2
Tufted Titmouse-6
White-breasted Nuthatch-2
Carolina Wren-7
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher-3
E. Bluebird-3
N. Mockingbird-3
Red-eyed Vireo-1 I heard this one singing a much sweeter song than the
Red-eyed so I fully expected to find a Blue-headed (as unlikely as that
might be on the coast this time of year)but when located it was a definite
Red-eyed.
Prothonotary Warbler-4 including a pair together
Summer Tanager-3
N. Cardinal-13
Blue Grosbeak-1 male
E. Towhee-3 including an immature