Re: Hummingbird behaviour

It's great, isn't it?  I just love my hummers!  Our RTHU activity here is the best
in numbers that we've seen since Hurricane Fran.  My Mom lives .3 mile away, has two
feeders and every other day need to be cleaned/refilled.  I have four feeders out
but hummers are feeding a lot at new plants I've put in this year plus have their
favorite feeders.  I tried new feeder at back porch and activity slow at this feeder
until last week when I replaced it with my old feeder.  It was like putting out a
"welcome back" sign.  Being able to catch some of their daily and unusual routine is
like being in heaven.  I'd much rather spend my day observing my hummers than do
household chores.  Rarely, I'll see two RTHUs at opposite portals on feeder at same
time; most I've ever seen is during hurricanes.

Paulette Biles
Hampstead, NC
jppt441@bellsouth.net