Blue Ridge Venture Report

Carolinabirders:
Thankfully Wednesday 9 August was not rainy, as we had a wonderful day
Venture into the higher reaches of the Blue Ridge. Fog hindered our day for
a few hours, but we finished up with wonderful weather at Mt. Mitchell in
mid afternoon.

Highlights were as follows:
Flock at about 3500' included the following:
Warblers: Blackburnian (4), Magnolia (1), Cerulean (1 male still singing!),
Black-and-white, Redstart, Black-throated Green. Also Yellow-billed Cuckoo &
Eastern Wood Pewee
Mt. Mitchell area: Pine Siskin, Hermit Thrush, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Common
Raven.
Also Red-backed and Slimy Salamanders and a Green Comma
A full list will soon be up on the Ventures web site www.birdventures.com

Our next Ventures are to Landsford Canal on September 18 and a Warbler and
Migration Workshop at Jackson Park on September 27. A longer Warbler trip is
scheduled to Kennesaw Mountain, GA from 22-24 September. Space is still
available on all of these Ventures. Please contact the office at the address
below for further information.
Simon

Simon Thompson
Ventures, Inc. Birding & Natural History Tours
PO Box 1095, Skyland, NC 28776
Phone/Fax: 828.859.0382
Travel@birdventures.com
http://www.birdventures.com