RFI: birding near Allendale SC

Labor Day marks our
first visit to Allendale, SC.  Any recommended birding
areas close would be appreciated .  Birding will be daily with time
varying from an hour or so to all day and with return to Allendale each
day. I'm now studying the ABA article on SC birding but don't know know
distances/time required to travel there.

Where on the coast is good for early September shorebirds?  While we see
most shorebirds here we don't have large numbers. Studying tides is
another subject to learn!

Flight is to/from Savannah.  Any shorebirds areas near would be helpful
also.

One last question...is  the Delorme the best SC map?

Thanks for the assistance. It's fun to prepare.  Carol Schumacher,
Winona, Minnesota

     - wncarols@linux.winona.msus.edu - Winona,MN on the Mississippi River