warbler id help please

I observed a fairly typical "confusing fall warbler":  olive back and
yellow underneath except for some white on the sides of the belly (only
the sides).  It had yellow spectacles, but did not look like a Canada
warbler to me:  the back was too olive, I think.  Except for the yellow
spectacles, the only difference from the female common yellowthroat was
that it may not have had enough white on the belly:  the middle of the
belly was yellow.  I saw no spots or patches on the tail.  The location
was a tall loblolly pine forest with hardwood understory and moist soil
approaching the "high pocosin" characteristics in Pitt County, NC.
    Any ideas?

John Daughtry
Greenville, NC