Philadelphia Vireo in N. Durham Co.

Janet and I did our usual morning walk this morning.  Across S. Lowell Rd
from White Horse Run, there was a tree full of birds.  3 Baltimore Orioles,
2 Scarlet Tanagers, 2 Prairie Warblers, 2 Red-eyed Vireos, a yellow-billed
cuckoo,   an assortment of "gleaners", woodpeckers, and
gnatcatchers....and.... drumroll please... One male Philadelphia Vireo.  It
was nice enough to sing for us which confirmed my identity of it as life
bird # 601 for me by listening to Thayers "Birds of N. Am."

Also seen this am were a Red-shouldered hawk,   bunches of chipping
sparrows, and one blue grossbeak.

Tom

Tom Krakauer
Bahama, NC