RFI Raleigh area and mountains

Dear Carolina Birders,

I have just moved to the Garner/Raleigh area and am interested in finding a
local spot or two for migrant birds.  In particular, I love warblers.  I
live in Garner and work at North Carolina State University.

I will also be driving I-40 through the mountains tomorrow from Raleigh to
Nashville and would like to know if anyone has a favorite spot for migrant
birds that is on or close to I-40.

By the way, I moved here from Oklahoma, a wonderful state for bird and
butterfly watching, and if anyone is considering a trip to the area, I
would love to give you information.  Oklahoma has both Prairie Chickens;
all four longspur species in the winter; many resident and migrant sparrows
including Harris' (one of the most common winter yard birds at my house in
Stillwater, OK), Henslow's and LeContes; and of course the spectacular
Scissortail Flycatcher.  While I was excited to realize that Scissortails
are occasional summer residents and rare migrants here, I may have to visit
Oklahoma occasionally to get my 'scissortail fix'.

Thank you.

John Dole
1502 Miriam Ave.
Garner, NC 27529