Triangle birdbook

Howdy!

Anyone out there interested in supporting a great cause?

We often read on this listserve of birders asking about places to bird and
directions to get there. I'm happy to report that after 1 1/2 years of work,
Wake Audubon Society is about ready to publish the book A Birdwatcher's Guide
to the Triangle.

There are 21 birders in the Triangle area who have contributed information on
birds, habitat descriptions, and directions to 40+ birding sites. Some of the
birders like Will, Ginger, Steve, Karen, and Joshua are familiar names on
Carolinabirds! We all just received an email earlier this week from a new
birder to the Triangle area, John Dole, asking about places to bird in the
area. This book will be a great resource for you!!!

After being turned down for grants earlier in the process to help pay for
printing, we began asking people for donations by sponsoring or dedicating a
page. It's a great way to honor someone you know. The donation of $20 per
page is tax deductible and listed in the book. The goal is to have the book
ready to sell by November.

So, if you're interested in supporting A Birdwatcher's Guide to the Triangle,
let me know! Also, contact me if you know of businesses interested in
sponsoring. We're asking businesses to buy at least 2 pages, plus their
address and phone number will be listed. Contact Karen Bearden at
birders@aol.com

Also, let me know if you're interested in buying the book!!

Thanks for your help!! Karen Bearden
Raleigh, NC