Roseate Spoonbill at Bird Shoal (Rachel Carson Reserve), NC last May

Today, I found out that a Roseate Spoonbill was seen by a Duke University
professor and his class at Bird Shoal, near Beaufort, NC, on 15 May 2000.

Can anyone tell me when the Bodie Island bird was first seen this past
spring/summer?  I was wondering if it might be the same bird.

                                             John Fussell
                                             Morehead City, NC
                                             jfuss@bmd.clis.com