Mason Farm

A quick swing around mason farm in chapel hill this
morning revealed a nice group of migrants, although
most of what I saw were females and first year birds.
Almost no males. The list includes:
parula (first year female and two adults)
worm eating warbler
black-throated blue (female)
ovenbird
redstart (5 females)
black and white warbler
common yellowthroat (female and male immature)
yellow-breasted chat
magnolia warbler (one male imm., one female imm.)
summer tanager (female)
baltimore oriole (female)

In addition I got a full house of woodpeckers. At one
point I could see five different species
simultaneously in the old swamp area. Pileated, hairy,
downy, red-bellied, and red-headed all at once. Very
nice.
Bruce Young
young715@yahoo.com
Durham, NC