Fall Migration Count, Tibwin Plantation, Charleston County, SC

The Fall Migration Count is this coming Saturday, Sept. 16, at the above
location and I usually lead the trip.  However, I will be out of town
and I am looking for a leader, hopefully someone who has been on past
trips, but any leader is certainly welcome.  I have maps and all of the
information that is needed.  Tibwin typically yields between 75-95
species on any visit there (fall through spring), and habitats are
longleaf pine, swamp hardwood, mixed oak pine, freshwater ponds,
brackish impoundments, salt marsh, and maritime forest, so there is the
potential for a variety of species.  Tibwin is located east of Hwy. 17
and 2 miles south of McClellanville, SC, approximately 30 minutes from
Mt. Pleasant and Charleston.  This is also the location of the annual
hawk migration survey in coastal South Carolina, and this site produces
more birds per hour than any other site, and hawk migration is already
under way.  We have years of data from Tibwin and it would be
unfortunate to miss a year because I am out of town on business.  If you
are interested, please call me at (843)881-2562 before Tuesday because I
will be gone from the 12th to the 16th.  Thanks.

Craig Watson
Mt. Pleasant, SC
(843)881-2562 - home
(843)727-4704, x16 - work