Re: Veery? in the Triangle

Ginger,
     I've been hearing Wood Thrushes calling for the past few AMs and PMs,
and today saw one behind the house.  Also heard a call note from what I
immediately thought was a Veery this afternoon, then the longer I thought
about it I began to wonder if I could have been confusing it with a Flicker
call note.  So got out my tape and listened to both and decided on Veery.
Did see the back of a bird yesterday for an instant, that I thought might
have been a Veery.
Shelley