Veery? in the Triangle

This morning at about 7:15 I heard what sounded like a Veery calling in the
woods near my porch. The loud, emphatic call came from about 30 to 40 feet
away. The bird also did a little quiet miscellaneous chatter between a
couple of the loud "VEEERRR" calls. After about 2 to 3 minutes, the bird
went deeper in the woods and quit calling. This would be a new yard bird if
it really was a Veery. Sure sounded like it. Checklist shows it as possible
now.

Ginger_Travis@unc.edu
near Chapel Hill, NC