great horned owl in the yard

Sunday about 2 p.m. a huge racket of crows. I knew they were mobbing
something. Went out 50 or so yards into the woods to the base of the pine
tree where the action was. A big bundle on a lower pine limb had the fine,
fine barring of a Great Horned Owl, and then it turned its head to look down
at me. Huge ears! Looked like one of my dogs. I have heard Great Horned Owls
on only about four occasions in my woods. This was the first time I ever
actually saw one there. Wow!
Ginger_Travis@unc.edu
Orange Co., NC