Bucksport, 9-23

Hi Carolinabirders,
	This afternoon in little over an hour, Gary Phillips and I birded at
Bucksport, Horry County, SC.  We were hoping for shorbirds in the very wet
turf farm, but alas nothing.  The winds were really brisk and I would guess
they were at 25mph.  Only modest species numbers in the hedgerows. A few
interesting birds.
Little Blue Heron-2 both immatures
Turkey Vulture-2
Red-tailed Hawk-1
Peregrine Falcon-1 in powered flight heading south
Killdeer-3
Mourning Dove-35
Ruby-throated Hummingbird-1 female
Blue Jay-2+ heard only
Carolina Chickadee-1
N. Mockingbird-2
Magnolia Warbler-1 adult male non-breeding
Waterthrush sp.-2 briefly seen, heard the waterthrush "klink" which was
answered by another bird.
N. Cardinal-6

Jack

Jack Peachey