CANADA Warbler and others in Yard

Around 1PM today I was reading my e-mail, and feeling a little bit sorry for
myself, reading all the posts about Duke Forest and Blue-winged, Worm-eating
Warblers.......that people are seeing, and I hadn't seen much new this fall.
     Then, as I was staring out the window into the woods I saw branches
shaking in one of the Dogwoods.  First a Wood Thrush, then an imm.
Rose-breasted Grosbeak, a bright male Scarlet Tanager, and a Red-eyed Vireo
were all in the tree.  Saw a Swainson's Thrush earlier in same vicinity also.

     The oak tree closer to the window began getting some activity.  First
came a Baltimore Oriole (I think imm. male), then some warblers- N. Parulas,
Am. Redstart male and female, Pine, Chestnut-sided, and then great looks at a
Yellow-throated Vireo, mixed in with the reg. yard birds.
     I decided to look out the window in my son's room which faces the
opposite side of the house, and I'm glad I did, because there at eye level,
not more than 12 ft. away on a bare branch, was a good Warbler, I wasn't sure
what it was, but I knew it was good, something like a Mourning or CT....,
just wasn't sure.  Watched it till it flew out of sight then ran downstairs
and looked it up.  A beautiful CANADA Warbler, maybe first fall male.
     Looking at my Chapel Hill checklist, this is the last week to maybe get
a look at those Bl-winged and Worm- eating Warblers.  I'll think I'll try for
them in the next day or so.
     One last thing.  Saw a Yellow-throated Warbler at Ebeneezer Point
yesterday with Lee Van Malssen and Judy Murray, the Checklist says they're
rare right now.  Also a huge flock of Pine Warblers there, >100,  sure there
were others mixed in but we couldn't pick them out.
Shelley Theye

Shelley Theye
North Chatham County, NC
Psbmt@aol.com