vulture roost

While everyone is looking for warblers, I have continued to observe the
vulture roost on the communication tower on I 40 near the Chapel Hill exit.
Tiny warblers are too hard to spot at 65 mph. The roost seems to be a mix of
black and turkey.  Today they were in a small kettle taking off.  It appears
that their numbers are increasing.  I have observed them sitting in the
inclement rain we have had although in the downpours, they seem to be
somewhere else.  They leave in the 730 am range and begin to return around
430pm. Their hours seem to match mine.  They also seem to rest during the
day.  They roost all up and down the tower. (would hate to be the service
tech).  Will be watching for warblers this weekend as life should get slower.

barb brooks, hillsborough.
brooksba@mindspring.com