Question on Wild Turkeys

I have a question on Wild Turkeys.  Up here in Nova Scotia we don't have
turkey's as native species but yet where I live we have a free range flock
of them. In past years they numbers have been small and a high predation
rate of the eggs and young have had their tolls.  This year a it seemed
every egg hatched that was laid and the population went from 5 to 17.  It
seems however that only the females and around with 3 of them tending the
little ones. Does anyone know if the males leave the flock during the
breeding season or did they get killed?

thanks

Tony Bezanson
Torbrook Mines, NS