Migration/ Weather question

This is probably pretty elementary to a lot of you, but I'm not sure how to
read cold fronts as far as the optimum time to look for migrants.  I'm
thinking about the next few days with the big weather changes here, and
wondering if most of the migrant birds pass through just ahead of the front
say on Thurs. while it's still warm, or on Fri. as the temp. drops somewhat
and the front is actually passing through, or on Sat. or later after the
temp. really plunges behind the front.  I guess the month and how close it's
getting to the end of migration could also be a factor...
Thanks,
Shelley Theye

Shelley Theye
North Chatham County, NC