Re: Shepherd NT, Durham 10/3

I checked out Shepherd Nature Trail at lunch time and found some of the same
and some different migrants.  The birds were mostly taking siestas in the
warm sunshine, so it took a lot of whistling and pishing to get a few
migrants up:

1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (my 1st of the season)
3 E. Wood-Pewee
1 White-eyed Vireo
3 House Wren
1 Gray-cheeked Thrush (my 1st of the season)
1 Swainson's Thrush
1 Wood Thrush
1 Tennessee Warbler
3 Magnolia Warbler
1 Bay-breasted Warbler
1 Am. Redstart
1 Scarlet Tanager

(and no Chimney Swifts)

In case anybody still wants directions, see:
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/tbg/dukeforestjp.html

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu