Chimney Swifts

The past two evenings around 7:00 PM, I have watched a large congregation of
Chimney Swifts at Campbell University in Buies Creek, Harnett County, NC.  I
estimate 2,500+ birds. They are roosting in a brick chimney approximately 75
feet tall.  This roost site is located along US Highway 421 between two water
towers.

It was quite amazing to see all of these birds swirling around in cyclonic
fashion and eventually all dropping into the chimney opening.

Paul C. Hart
Lillington, NC
harttwins@aol.com