HBSP on 10-3

Hi Carolinabirders,
	On Tuesday, Dec. 3 Bob Maxwell and I went to the jetty pond at Huntington
Beach S.P. to census the shorebirds at the jetty pond.  And it appears that
the first of some of the birds that winter there put in an appearance.  We
had a few other things besides shorebirds.  We were also duely impressed
with the apparent migration of Gulf Fritillaries along the coast.  We saw
them in abundance moving south along the beach. Also moving south were some
first winter Herring Gulls. A total of 43 species
Brown Pelican-11
Double-crested Cormorant-10
Great Blue Heron-1
Great Egret-1
Snowy Egret-1
Little Blue Heron-1
Tricolored Heron-2
REDDISH EGRET-1 on the poles at the base of the jetty then it moved to the
edge of the jetty ponds.
Ospery-4
N. Harrier-1 Bob had this one before I arrived
Clapper Rail-1 ditto
Black-bellied Plover-17
Semipalmated Plover-49
Piping Plover-7
Willet-2
Ruddy Turnstone-3 on the jetty
Sanderling-11
Western Sandpiper-21
Short-billed Dowitcher-65
Laughing Gull-4
Ring-billed Gull-1 shockingly low
Herring Gull-10+
Caspian Tern-40
Royal Tern-40
Sandwich Tern-1 or 2 one with a silver F&WS band on right leg above foot
Common Tern-1 on beach in Garden City
Foster's Tern-2 seen from causeway over marsh
Black Skimmer-154 a good number about 20-30% immatures
Mourning Dove-1
Red-bellied Woodpecker-1 heard only
Tree Swallow-8
Blue Jay-2
Fish Crow-1 heard only
Carolina Wren-1
Gray Catbird-1
N. Mockingbird-1
Brown Thrasher-1 heard only
White-eyed Vireo-1 heard only
Palm Warbler-4
Common Yellowthroat-1
N. Cardinal-4
Savannah Sparrow-3
Boat-tailed Grackle-1
Summer Tanager-1 female flew in front of me

Good birding, good company
Jack

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC