Sunday at Shepard Trail

Hi all:

     Norm Bunitz, Lois Schultz and I visited the Shepard Nature Trail in
Durham NC this morning to see what a night of northeast wind and cool temps
brought in.  The answer was winter residents and very few warblers.  The
only migrants left were and nice male Black-throated Blue Warbler,  two
"Bay-polls" (by our best efforts one each, Bay-breasted and Blackpoll), two
spot- breasted thrushes, Wood and Swainson's, a few Catbirds, and four
swifts.  Winter residents included our first White-throated Sparrows of the
season, as well as both kinglets, two sapsuckers, and a Winter Wren.  A
Sharp-shinned Hawk rounded out a nice, although disappointing for warblers,
morning.

Mike Schultz
Durham, NC