Sibley Guide

Hi Carolinabirders,
	The new Sibley Guide came in the mail yesterday.  My free gift for sending
 the Litchfield-Pawleys Island CBC data via the internet.  What a wonderful
guide.  So many plates and exquisately drawn. And what a great print job. I
especially like the plumages of the species side by side.  I have not found
the smaller size of the plates at first blush, a great difficulty. Someone
suggested that it should be a coffee table guide, I disagree, as Will Cook
said, it is a must for the car.  It is just too useful to leave home. The
rare vagrants shown in dots on the range maps is interesting, though I'll
bet there are a number of additions to be made for the next edition, just
from the omissions that will be found in this edition.  In SC the White
Wagtail made it (though it appears closer to Charleston than Huntington
Beach) while the Black Guillemot did not. In addition the American Avocet
which winters on South Island is also not shown.  But lets not quibble,
instead profuse thanks to David Sibley for such a wonderful guide.
Jack

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC