Mountain sparrows

Hi all,

The sparrows have arrived and most of the warblers have departed.  But this
week saw eight sparrow species including:  Song, Field, Chipping,
White-crowned, White-throated, Vesper, Fox, Savannah, Swamp, and great looks
at several Lincoln's.  Most sparrows on this list are easily seen (well as
easy as sparrows get) at the Valle Crucis Community park, behind the Mast
Store Annex in beautiful Valle Crucis.  Our regular Wednesday walk there has
turned up most of these for the past two weeks as well as great looks at a
Merlin last week.  Also a Lincoln's was banded last Sunday.  We seem to be
having a mini-invasion year with Lincoln's.  Some years they are not
reported at all but already this year they have been seen in at least three
separate locations.  So come on up!!

--
Curtis Smalling
Ecos of the Blue Ridge