Otters and Junco

On Saturday I stopped at a creek that I've only birded during the Long Cane, SC CBC. I was hoping for a few late migrants to add to my Greenwood County list. I didn't see anything unusual... 2 Cape May Warblers, 2 Tennessees and lots of sparrows. Maybe I would have seen more birds if I hadn't spent most of my time watching the 4 otters that were chasing fish in a beaver pond. They were worth the trip.

This morning, as I went out to the front yard to get the Sunday paper, I saw my first junco of the season.

Steve Wagner
Division of Biological and Physical Sciences
Lander University
Greenwood, SC 29649
(864) 388-8226, Fax (864) 388-8130
swagner@lander.edu