warbler soup?!?

Waiter!...Waiter!... There's a Black-throated Blue in my soup!!!!!

Well I confess, I'm exagerating a bit, and making fun of a sad story, but I
was eating a bowl soup for lunch on my deck yesterday when I heard an all
to familiar thump against our bedroom window above me.  The lifeless thud
that landed just inches from the table was a first fall male Black-throated
Blue Warbler.  If his trajectory had been just inches different, he would
have landed in the soup!  Revival efforts were fuitless.

Oddly, that was only the second migratory warbler for my yard this season,
perhaps for the better they have been avoiding me.

Mike Schultz
Durham, NC