Heermann's Gull in FL

All of you gull lovers in the Carolinas may like to know about an interesting
gull that is almost close enough to chase. A Heermann's Gull is being seen
south of St Petersburg, FL, at Ft. DeSoto Park. This county park is a great
birding location almost any time of the year, by the way. Pasted below is a
snip from the Florida Rare Bird Alert with the details. (Don't e-mail me for
more recent details; this is all the info I have about it.)

Dennis Burnette
Greensboro, NC
burnetted@aol.com

PINELLAS COUNTY
The first winter HEERMANN'S GULL reported yesterday was seen many times
during the day today, 10/30, between the East Beach turnaround and the
Bayside Pier/Mulberry Tree Area at Ft. De Soto Park. The bird was seen at
7 AM at the beach near East Beach Woods. It was seen several times during
the day and was last seen about 50 to 100 yards offshore near the East
Beach Woods Picnic area.
To get to Ft. DeSoto Park, take CR 679 south of St. Petersburg to the
park. East Beach Woods and turnaround is to the left at the "T"
intersection. Bayside Pier is to the right.  Stop at headquarters for a
checklist for directions to areas. DeLorme p. 90, D3