2 Clay-colors and western birds in the east.

Hi Folks,

It was only a matter of time... I found 2 Clay-colored Sparrows in the
corner of a large experimental forestry plot about 1.2 mile east and 1/4
mile south of the SC Rt. 278/Whiskey Rd. (SRS, New Ellenton SC)
Intersection. The flock was made up of about 10 Juncos, 3 Field and several
dozen Chipping Sparrows. One bird was on the extreme in buff color with a
nice white central crown stripe. The other was a little dingy, and I had the
chance to see its buffy rump (as it hopped about in the road). Perfect.

Also, this from the NY City RBA:

(first, note the Mountain Bluebird this weekend in MA)...

Last Friday, a bird fitting the description of, believed by the observer to
have been, a VIRGINIA'S WARBLER was seen for a short while in Orange County
just north of Sterling Forest.  Travelling with a flock of YELLOW-RUMPED
WARBLERS, the VIRGINIA's was searched for
subsequently but could not be relocated.  A report will be
submitted to the New York Avian Records Committee.

Watch for those western birds.

Paul Champlin
respond to capito@hotmail.com