dead fish

A creek runs near our house in North Raleigh. I often look into it from the
street bridge that crosses it. Twice I have seen a red shouldered hawk (they
nest a block away) standing in the shallow pool just before the bridge. I
assume s/he is 'fishing'. Today I saw five dead fish in the deeper pool on
the other side of the bridge, down stream from the hawk's hunting pool. I
would guess that they were 6 to 10 inches in size. Does anyone know who I
might contact regarding the water quality in the stream? I am worried about
all the creatures that depend on it. -- Sue Timmons, North Raleigh