Bald Eagles

After a woodsy walk Sunday afternoon with  a thrush being the only
interesting bird sighting, we were returning to the yard when we spotted two
mature bald eagles flying just above the tree tops.

There was some interaction between them. In fact during the moment before I
distinguished the white heads and tails from the sky, my first impression
was of a crow harrassing a large hawk. They did one small circle (~100-150
feet diameter) before proceeding east again.

They came within less than 200 feet from us in a suburban development.

We live about two miles east of the intersection of I-40 and NC-42 in
western Johnston County (Cleveland community).

Ric Carter
Garner