Western Kingbird, Horry County, SC

My wife, Barbara, and I identified a Western Kingbird this morning (Sunday,
12 November 2000) in Horry County, SC near the intersection of Hwy 319 and
the as-yet-unopened Highway 22.   At closest, we were within 25', and the
bird was very cooperative.  We got all the fieldmarks, including the
white-edged tail.

Also, we had 3 White-crowned Sparrows and 2 or 3 Vesper Sparrows. We see
these regularly.

This is private property, and I am not able to give permission to others
for birding.

St.

Stephen Thomas
stype@sccoast.net