American Pipits and ECD

We saw a flock of about 50+ American Pipits in and near a field on Shook
Road in Claremont this morning.  The most unusual thing about this is that
the majority of them were on the power lines.  We have never seen this
behavior before.

On another note, the Eurasian Collared-Doves in Conover are still being seen
with regularity.  The best time to find them is about 1-2 hours before
sunset at the corner of McLinn Crk. Rd. and Emmanuel Ch. Rd.  We are still
seeing, at times, up to 6 individuals in the vicinity of this intersection.

Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC
dlmartin@twave.net