RE: Eagles do eat eat birds

Folks,

Several years ago at Lake Mattamuskeet  2 of us peddled bicycles back to
the far end of the impoundments on the Rose Bay end of the lake.  While
watching with a scope and binoculars we saw 4 Bald Eagles (2 adults and 2
immatures) chasing Coots for 15 mins. or so, eventually one of them picked
a coot up and took it back to the trees on the far end of the impoundment.

The neatest thing having to do with preditation I`ve ever seen close up was
several cormorants fighting in mid air over a 8 inch catfish one of them
captured. They traded the catfish between them several times. We didn`t
need binocs because they were just to the side of our canoe not 30 foot
from us. We were so close the barbells on the catfish were very easy to
see. This was in the southern Everglades in a large wooded impoundment.

Randy Emmitt
Rougemont, NC

Randy Emmitt Photography
http://www.rlephoto.com