RE: Eagles do eat eat birds

My Eagle/bird story occurred several years ago while my wife, father-in-law,
and I were canoeing near the shore on Lake Jocassee.  We noticed numberous
coots hunkering down in crevices and hollows along the bank and remarked to
each other how odd this seemed.  When we rounded a bend we saw the reason:
an Eagle lifted off the water just ahead of us clutching a coot.  The Eagle,
startled I guess, dropped the lucky coot, and the coot scurried toward the
shore.  It was a remarkable sight.

M. Moyer
Greenville, S.C.