Fwd: Bird names in Spanish (Found!! and Thanks)

In a message dated 11/14/2000 11:25:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, Khanskawi
writes:

<< Hi!
 I saw your question about the names of birds in Spanish. The only source
that I know of is the Handbook of the Birds of the World series from Lynx
Edicions. It is only halfway completed, but the information includes
everything up to hummingbirds. I realize that the Spanish names for
passerines would be missing. I have each of the published volumes. If I can
be of any help, please let me know.

 Kevin Franks >>

Hi Kevin et al.

Thanks for the lead.  By following links I found the following website that
translates bird names into all the major European languages.

http://www.mumm.ac.be/~serge/birds/

Thanks again,
Larry

Larry Barden, 1525-F Lansdale Drive, Charlotte, NC 28223, (704) 535-6385,
LSBarden@aol.com