Mt. Mitchell Snow Bunting Update

Folks:
        I did some checking on the reported Snow Buntings at Mt. Mitchell.
Unfortunately, the birds were last seen on November 5.  Two birds were seen
well and photographed by Park Service employees.  They were present just
inside the main gate by the Park Service Office for 3-4 days on the lawn and
fence.  I viewed several of their photos which showed that their sighting
was indeed reliable.  I left my name and phone number with those folks up
there, so in the future we may be able to get more timely reports.

Good birding!

Wayne
Wayne K. Forsythe
245 Stonebrook Drive