Wake waterfowl, woodcock

Took a swing by the usual spots today, the results:

1010 pond- 122 Ring-necked Ducks, 15 American Wigeon

Lake Wheeler- 1 Hooded Merganser, 10 Ruddy Ducks
5 Bufflehead, 16 Ring-necks

NCSU Dairy- 7 Bufflehead, 3 N. Shoveler, 260 Canada Geese,
7 Ring-necks, 5 Lesser Scaup

Greenview Pond- 6 Mallard

Bell's Lake- 11 Ring-necks

West Lake- 14 American Wigeon, 4 Ring-necks

Briar Creek- 400+ Ring-necks, 2 Mallard

Lake Crabtree- 100+ Ring-necks, 2 Mallard, 6+ Bonaparte's Gulls (OK, these
aren't waterfowl)

The woodcock in the natural area behind our house have begun "peenting" and
performing flight displays.
We started checking on them in mid-December last year and were surprised to see
them in full swing.  I guess I'm
even more surprised now!  Anyway, feel free to contact me if anyone wants to see
the birds.  We are about 7 miles south of Raleigh
near the West Lake ponds.

If anyone is traveling to the Bahamas and needs a bird update, let me know.  We
were in Nassau and on Royal Caribbean's private island Coco Cay this week.
Snagged some nice birds including 5 lifers.  Best bird was a Brown Booby.

Best,
Steve Shultz
ESE of Apex, NC

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please