LOONS!!!

Howdy!

I was THRILLED late this afternoon when Joe and I checked out Ebenezer Point
at Jordan Lake, outside of Raleigh. My objective was to see a Common Loon.
Well, there were at least 21 loons!!!! WOW!! That's the most I've seen at one
time in NC. And, we were treated to one short loon call!!! I loved it!! The
first time I've heard one calling off their breeding grounds.  Loons and
chickadees are my favorite birds, so I considered it a great day since I saw
both!!!

Happy birding! Karen Bearden
Raleigh