A No-Mango Monday

As of 11 am this morning (Monday), no mango -- bird, fruit, or
otherwise, had appeared at the feeder/yard, near Concord. I left the
group of 6 birders (one drove up from Orlando during the night) around
11 to get to a dentist's appointment.

I assume the remaining birders will let us know if it showed up later in
the day, but as we spent from 8:50 onward, I seriously doubt that the
bird is there. It would have come to the feeder (or that next door)
often in such cold weather if it were still alive or still in the yard.
--
Harry LeGrand
NC Natural Heritage Program