Mango update and thanks; also RFI (fwd)

Hi c-birders,

I was part of the Steve Schultz Mango Train. However, when the train
returned to the Triangle, I stuck around a little longer, and can add
that the Mango was last observed by a lady named Harriet and myself at
12:50 PM. Sadly, we both left then (I had to get back here to Duke, I'm
TAing a lab at 3:45), and there was nobody left at the house to watch the
bird! Where is everybody?

Wayne Irvin took what should be some killer photos, and I should have a
few acceptable ones myself, so the records committee should get what they
need...

Anyway, it was a pleasure to see all these folks whom I usually only know
as e-mail signatures. And I'd like to thank, first, everyone who posted
updates to Carolinabirds, especially Kieth Camburn, so I knew to make the
trip today; second and moreso, Steve for calling the homeowner for
permission to visit and getting directions and letting us follow him all
the way there; and third and most of all, the homeowner, Lori Turner, for
letting us all invade her yard and see this wonderful creature! Does CBC
have any tradition of buying gifts, say a copy of the new Sibley book or
something, for non-birding property owners who allow large numbers of
birders access to their property on an occasion such as this? If not,
let's start one, I'll pitch in a few bucks...

Other sightings included two Bald Eagles flying over the 751 bridge over
Jordan Lake around 6:30 AM; and a Sharp-shinned Hawk that passed
disturbingly close to Lori Turner's yard while we were watching the
Mango, but thankfully didn't stick around.

And one more note: Leto Copely lent Frank, who showed up without gloves
and lightly dressed, a hand-warming device to keep him alive in the sub-
freezing temperatures. She then left before he could return it to her.
Leto, if you read this, please e-mail Frank at formicarius@hotmail.com so
he can return it to you.

Saw the below message on BIRDCHAT; please reply to David if you know
something to help him out...

GREAT birding!

Josh

Joshua S. Rose