Severely dimpled Chat on Pea Island

Janet and I were on the outer banks over the Holidays.  Yesterday (Friday
Nov, 24) we walked around N. pond on Pea Island and were walking back along
the road to the visitor center at the south end.  We spotted a recently
killed Yellow-breasted Chat on the roadside. Pretty good bird for November.

All told we saw 100 species at Matamuskeet and the outer banks.

Has there been any speculation about the very low numbers of Yellow Rumped
Warblers?  I know that something is strange when I see more Savannah
Sparrows than Yellow-rumpeds  along the South dike.

Tom Krakauer

Tom Krakauer
Bahama, NC
tkrakauer@mindspring.com