Vermilion, uh....well yes, but late!

Hi,
        Well the Vermilion was missed all morning. I checked at 2:30 and
again at 4:30 this afternoon. Several other people checked during the early
afternoon with no success. At 4:30 I found Gene Howe and Sharon Funderburk
searching for the bird. They told me they had looked for about an hour and a
half with no luck. As we were talking we noticed a bird on the wire over the
road further along the dirt road toward the river. As we approached it flew
to a tree on the river. A hint of red was noticeable. As we got out to check
it closer it flew across the river and perched in the top of another tree.
Sure enough, it was the Vermilion! We got about a 30 second look before it
flew off. It apparently has changed its feeding routine, but is remaining
somewhere in the area.
Eric

Eric & Celia Dean
112 Armstrong Dr