Whoopers

I had read or saw on the news something about them trying to establish a new
colony of nesting Whooping Cranes in Wisconsin.  I thought that there were
several birds that they had raised there and were guiding down to Florida with
an ultralight to show them how to get to their winter home.  Although this
first set might be considered tame, I would think that if they were successful
in nesting and migrating on their own after this that they might be seen in NC
in the future and could be considered wild.  I know some people may have
generational issues, i.e. which generation would be considered really wild, but
personally I think that if they are successful at finding their way back,
nesting, and returning they are fair game for a list.
	Anyway, best of luck to them.  I hope they have great success with this
program.   Marilyn Westphal/Hendersonville    mjwestphal@unca.edu