Green-breasted Mango

On Wednesday, the 29th, I had my first opportunity to head for Concord
for the Green-breasted Mango.  Susan's initial posting and subsequent
telephone call came as we finished packing the car for a trip to
Florida.  Kept hoping it would hang around until we returned on the
28th.  On Tuesday night, Susan told me that it was still present and
being seen regularly.  It was most cooperative yesterday morning, as has
been described in a number of postings.  It was a very special sighting
for me in that it was number 700 on my North America list.

We all owe Lori Turner a word of thanks for recognizing that she had an
interesting visitor and for being so accomodating to growing numbers of
birders who have paid her a visit.

Dick

Charles R. (Dick) Burk
Pinehurst, NC