We're Back On-line At Last! (Help Still Needed)

At last!  :-)

After what has seemed like one of the longest, most frustrating
four-week periods of my professional life, the Web sites for
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" (
http://www.rubythroat.org ) and Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont
Natural History ( http://www.hiltonpond.org ) are finally back on
line. All the associated e-mailboxes are also working. I have felt
really helpless, knowing that folks have been trying to log on to the
sites and/or send e-mail messages to me.

Both sites are being hosted courtesy of Sandy Barnes, Sr. Vice
President of Rock Hill Telephone Company ( http://www.rhtc.net ). I
deeply appreciate Sandy's support--as well as his assistance with
technical details as we brought everything back on-line.

Fortunately, I had both sites backed up on my hard drive when my
previous service provider went bankrupt, so I haven't had to re-build
everything. Furthermore, I have had time to re-vamp several subpages,
so there are some added features. The new and improved Guestbooks
should be fully operational in a day or two.

******

HELP REQUEST #1: I have spent the last year contacting search engines
and webmasters around the world asking them to add inks from their
sites to the ones for Operation RubyThroat and Hilton Pond Center.
If you are one of those webmasters and removed a link because the
sites were inactive, I would appreciate your re-instating the link.

******

HELP REQUEST #2: If you are not a webmaster but know of other sites
for a which a link to either Operation RubyThroat or Hilton Pond
Center would be appropriate, please e-mail those sites and suggest a
link.

******

HELP REQUEST #3: If you are on a nature- or hummingbird-related
listserv or chat group other than CarolinaBirds, BirdBand, Humnet, or
BirdChat, please inform your fellow subscribers that these two
websites are up and running again.

******

I apologize for any cross-postings or duplicate messages that may
occur as my sites return from Cyber-purgatory.

Thanks for your patience, and for your help. I look forward to
interacting again with all of you on the Internet. :-)

With best wishes,

BILL

--
**********

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
1432 DeVinney Road
York, South Carolina 29745
USA

e-mail: <hilton@hiltonpond.org>

Voice: (803) 684-5852

eFax: (503) 218-0845

Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is a 501(c)(3)
non-profit research and education organization, so all in-kind or
monetary gifts to the Center and to Operation RubyThroat: The
Hummingbird Project are tax-deductible. Please visit our websites:

Hilton Pond Center  <http://www.hiltonpond.org>

Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project  <http://www.rubythroat.org>

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."

						BHjr.