Max Patch Lemon Gap Birding Trip

Another great Ventures, Inc. trip (http://www.birdventures.com/), leaders
Simon Thompson and Larry Ferar

Our trip from  Max Patch to Lemon Gap, Starting a 4450 ft. Altitude, hiking
down the Appalachian Trail to Lemon Gap, 6.2 miles.
This is my list of birds, the group got a total of 40 species seen/heard.

We got many great looks at Canada warblers. Notably, the songbird population
changed as we went down in altitude, the habitat changing from northern
forest at higher altitudes on the north side of the mountain, to mixed
deciduous/ conifer at lower altitudes. Canada warblers and veerys were at
higher altitudes, black-throated blues and wood thrushes at lower.
We also saw many wildflower species, over fifty.

Russ Palmeri
Asheville, NC

SPECIES SEEN
From 5/23/2001