Cliff swallow

All,

I just saw a single cliff swallow pass over the road to my lab on the
extreme western end of the NCSU campus this morning as I pulled in to
work.

For general information, the kestrels are once again nesting in the
high-rise apartment building behind the K-Mart on Western Blvd.

I also saw many  Eurasian collared doves Monday through Wednesday of
this week. Of course, they were in Starkville, MS. I had a similar
business trip there about 6 years ago and did not see a single one over
a similar period of time and about the same time of year; now, they were
relatively easy to find about any time I wanted to try over the three
days I was there. I suspect this is our future in at least part of the
Carolinas within in the next few years.

Take care,

Clyde Sorenson
Clayton and Raleigh, NC