website on GSMNP flora and fauna

I just found an interesting website that I thought I would share.

http://www.discoverlife.org

This is the group that is trying to determine all the species of
flora and fauna that live in the Great Smoky Mountains NP.  They
have working checklists of all the taxa at

http://www.discoverlife.org/nh/cl/GSMNP/

... though obviously these are works in progress.  Still, a very
interesting site.  Did you know that there are 16 species of fleas
known to live in the park?  6 extirpated mammal species?  6 pages
of slime mold species?  Some of the checklists include links to
sites that may (or may not) aid in identification and/or provide
natural history information.

Oh well, lunch if over, back to work.

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN